Monday 26 January 2009

Walk: Wed. Jan. 28 @ Shoppers

Was this really taken only a week ago? It seems like a particularly full week to me, so last Monday feel far away.

Wednesday, we have 6K (ST10) and 8K (Chilly) on the active schedules. For those not working on a schedule, come out to maintain your winter base of training. That way, you'll feel powerful when the weather improves. See you 7ish.

For those who enjoy participating in inaugural races, Michelle has passed along info about a brand new race in Ottawa, the Winterman Full, Half and a sliding scale of shorter distances on Feb. 22nd. It's part of the Capital's Winterlude event.

Tip of the week, courtesy of the latest issue of Running Room Magazine -- try BodyGlide on your face and other exposed skin as a cold-weather protectant. It doesn't contain petroleum, so it isn't as sticky as Vaseline and doesn't clog pores. Who knew?

Don't forget to enjoy your last few hours of Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day. Unlimited online popping can be enjoyed through this link.

10 comments:

P Dawn said...

I hope (expect??) to be out on Wednesday. If I survived the Robbie Burns biter cold, I should be able to do this one. Snow is expected tonight and tomorrow, however.
Guess I'd better get some body glide for my face.

Trish said...

I won't be out tomorrow. Trying hard to clear up a major head ache ($210.00) in prescriptions and need to be ready for a wine tasting weekend. See you all next
Monday.

Anonymous said...

Barbara Brown:

I plan to be out tonight at 7. See you at Shoppers.

P Dawn said...

change of plan - I won't be at Shoppers this evening. I think I'll still be digging myself out!!

Anonymous said...

Barbara Brown

I have jsut realized that although I have my clothes for walking- I do not have my shoes!!

I feel so so stupid. I will not get home and back before 7, as I ma in a meeting here until 5:30. If I can improvise I will if not I iwll walk at home.

Anonymous said...

I will not be able to make it out tonight. See you Saturday.
Sheila

Anonymous said...

I won't be out tonight, it's too slippery for me. I won't see you guys on Saturday either as I have a workshop on the weekend.
For those of you brave enough to venture out tonight all I can't say is "are you nuts?"
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I will not be out tonight either, but will see you Saturday.

Barb

Helen said...

I'd planned to come walking tonight, but I think Dawn's right -- snow-shovelling might be my exercise this evening. See you on Saturday.

Jan said...

I wasn't planning to walk but the TTC had other ideas - they forced everyone off the subway at Broadview promising buses, but I figured walking would be better - and so it was - not one bus passed me while I walked from Broadview to Coxwell. I was actually a beautiful night - just wish I didn't have my laptop on my back.