Wednesday 14 January 2009

Walk: Sat. Jan. 17 @ Tim's

Here's the fun we missed with the Jingle Bell All-Santa-Suit 5K race in December. For the video, check out this link. I love these wacky races, and will be considering this one next year.

This week the appropriately named Chilliers are scheduled for 13K, while the ShoreThings 10-Miler-ers do 8K. See you at 8 am.

As a zigzag route seems to make things go faster, I've drafted a there-and-back (up to 14K) based on the route I suggested before Christmas. It takes us up and down local streets, with plenty of places for those doing shorter walks to double back to Tim's. Click on the small image for a larger version of this JPEG screen capture, and print it up for reference.

For all you Robbie Burns-ses out there, Dawn has offered to pick up race kits this weekend. If I've missed you in the email about this, let me know. We are also starting to organize car pools. Both Lou-Ann and Bob & I are driving from the east end, with space for up to 10. Let me know if you need transport.

6 comments:

debbie said...

Hi all,

I have a day off today (Friday) and am going to do something I've always regarded as "shoot me if I ever do that" --mall-walk. Yes, my need to walk during this cold snap is greater than my pride, so I'm off to do 7 km round and round the Promenade Mall in Thornhill, with the 70-plus cardigan set (like I'm that far off!)

But I will layer up and be out Saturday...at least that's what I say now from my warm cosy house.

Helen, re the Robbie Burns, if you have a space I'd love to drive with you & Bob. I'll meet you at your place.

See you all Saturday (I think).

Debbie

Trish said...

I hope to be out tomorrow for the 8K portion of the walk.

Anonymous said...

I am planning to re-join the group for tomorrow's walk providing the temp doesn't get any colder than today.

Lynne

Anonymous said...

I too am hoping to be out Saturday for an 8k.

Helen,
Can I catch a ride with you and Bob to the Robbie Burns Race.

Barb

Stacey said...

I won't be walking tomorrow morning - my daughter has a swim meet and I'm going to cheer her on. Layer up and stay warm!
Stacey

debbie said...

Hi all,

And here I thought I had willpower.
Not enough apparently.

I'm going to pass on the walk outdoors and go back to the mall. Just too damn cold.

I'll see most of you next Sunday at the Robbie Burns.

Bravo to those who get out there today.

Debbie