Wednesday 7 January 2009

Walk: Sat. Jan. 10 @ Tim's

Last night, it was Veni, Vidi, Yucki -- "We came, we saw, we went right home." Bob & I were the only ones crazy enough to show up, and we decided the slush wasn't compelling enough to keep us.

It will be a different story on Saturday, when cooler temps will at least make the walk less soggy. The Chilly Halfers are scheduled for 10K -- let's keep them company. Northbound route again?

News on the Mamma Mia front: showtime is 4 pm on Jan. 24th at the Fox. Tickets are a little dear at $15, but it's for a very good cause. (Pass the info to your friends.) Perhaps we can piggyback it with a pre-Robbie Burns pasta dinner after the show? Any suggestions for locale? We should reserve ahead if it's in the Beach.

See you on Saturday, friends!

10 comments:

debbie said...

I'll be out of town this weekend...a family do in Ottawa.

Will miss you all but will be back next Saturday.

Cheers

Debbie

P Dawn said...

I HOPE to be at Tim's on Saturday. However, lack of exercise and a troublesome cough (aggravated by cold and exercise) means I will certainly not be doing 10k. However, I'm happy to walk slowly for whatever distance I can manage, by myself and see you all for coffee afterwards.

Anonymous said...

Sorry won't be out as will be returning from Michigan on Saturday morning. Enjoy the walk!

Stacey said...

Hi all,
I'll be there Saturday morning, but alas, cannot attend Mama Mia. There is a nice little neighbourhood restaurant on Cosburn near Coxwell called Paul's Spaghetti House. You would definitely need reservations, but I have always enjoyed it's food and comfortable atmosphere.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I haven't seen Mama Mia either, and would like to support the cause, so count me in. Another restaurant suggestion would be the Beacher Cafe at Queen and McLean (2 blocks west of the Fox Theatre, north side). It has some good pasta choices and they can also create a group special pasta dinner if that makes sense and we want it. The contact there is Peter at:
info@thebeachercafe.com, or 416-699-3874.

I plan to be out tomorrow, see you then.
Sheila

Anonymous said...

I plan to be out tomorrow for the 10K walk. See you then

Jan said...

I hope to be out tomorrow morning - unless I decide to sleep in...

Re Mamma Mia - I have seen it, but I wouldn't mind seeing it again and going out for a "do".

Since I was supposed to organize the Sing-Along MM and didn't do it in time, I will take care of dinner reservations for this if anyone is interested - email me at jzemaitis@gmail.com if you are interested in the pasta dinner - I think the Beacher is a good idea - I like Paul's too, but the Beacher is closer to the theatre.

Trish said...

Dawm I will join you in the shorter version. I understand the nagging cough and lack of exercise.
I will join the Mamma Mia group and dinner.

Anonymous said...

I'm just getting over a cold and will not be out tomorrow, but hope to be back on Monday.

Barb

Anonymous said...

I'm in for Mamma Mia and dinner. See you all then. Cheers -- Michelle.