Saturday 13 December 2008

Walk: Mon. Dec. 15 @ Loblaws

Oh, what a beautiful mor-ning. Oh, what a beautiful day. And, think of it: By the end of this week, the days will begin to lengthen, 3 minutes a day. That's something to warm our thoughts in the dark days of winter.

Monday will be wet and mild -- until exactly the time we head out to walk. That could be both good and not so good. Let's assume that the streets will be walkable, and meet at 7 for 6K.

Looking ahead:

With the excitement around December 25th, don't forget to schedule time to pick up your race kit for the Resolution 5K.

Also, it looks like the Robbie Burns 8K is shaping up to be our first big event of 2009. Thirteen names, as far as I can see. (Please save me having to scroll through the confirmation lists -- fire off an email to me if you've registered for something.)

But let's also keep in mind the Balmy Beach Hair of the Dog 9K on New Year's Day. It leaves the Balmy Beach Clubhouse at 11:30 am, January 1st. No need to preregister, but you can download a registration form through the link on our website. $20 bucks, and it gets you a hot lunch (and I've heard you get Schnapps at the turnaround).

P.S. There's something else niggling at my mind that I was supposed to post, but for the life of me I can't recall it. If you're out there and know what it was, please add it in the comments.

4 comments:

Trish said...

Good morning all. I won't be out tonight - work Christmas Party.
Hope to make Wednesday.

P Dawn said...

I won't be out tonight either. In fact, I won't be out for a few weeks as I'll be in Jamaica. So I'll see you all on my return.
In the meantime, have a very Happy Christmas and all the best for 2009.

Helen said...

Bon voyage, Dawn!

Unless the roads are clearly icing up, I'll likely turn up for the walk tonight, and will decide "whether" and "how far" once I get there.

Check this space for an update at around 6 pm. Otherwise, see you at 7.

Helen said...

Looks like the roads are reasonably clear, so see you in a few -- dress for a windy walk. (By which I do not mean twists and turns.)