Saturday 22 November 2008

Walk: Mon. Nov. 24 @ Loblaws

Great turnout on Saturday: 26 walkers on our first day of wintery, sub-zero temps. We all deserve a gold star!

Soon, we'll have a calendar to put one on. I'm ordering this weekend, so they should be here Thursday. If you decide you want more, I have 40 days to reorder -- you just won't get the 10% discount.

I've also received more orders for the Jean hardcover book. If you want one too, please email me by Sunday noon, which is when I'll be ordering the reprint. Grouped orders save a little on shipping.

Two new races are now on our race calendar: the Eggnog Jog 10.8K on Dec. 14th -- highly recommended by Joanne Burton of the Stellar Runners -- and the Okanagan Half in October (no 2009 date yet, but Sheila plans to walk it). Check them out if you're considering new things to try.

Also, the Robbie Burns 8K now has an official walkers' category -- yay, them! Sign up soon to get your tartan PJs. A race designed to bring out the Scot in all of us.

While the icon for Monday's weather shows rain and snow, the actual precip looks minimal. Let's plan to be out for our 6K, dressed for the weather. If there's any change, check the blog comments for news.

See you tonight at the Black Swan -- or see you Monday at 7 pm.

4 comments:

Jan said...

I won't be out Monday - believe me I'd rather be walking - I have a Board meeting to go to to review a budget - fun wow.

And I have to miss Wednesday as well - another meeting - so I'll be out Saturday for sure.

Trish said...

I plan to be out Monday - as always weather dependent.

Anonymous said...

Like Jan, I have committments this week on Monday and Wednesday evenings, so I won't be out; but I do plan to be there on Saturday morning. A good week to all, and see you on the weekend.. Olwyn

Trish said...

I am changing my mind. I am already in my pj's and will probably be asleep before those hardy soles who brave the weather tonight get back from their walk.