Saturday 29 November 2008

Walk: Mon. Dec. 1 @ Loblaws


Zen Things
Originally uploaded by theshorethings
Will you remember the first of December? If so, please join us for a first-of-the-month 6K. See you at 7 pm.

Next weekend, a few of our members will be Santa Shuffle-ing. There's time to join them if you're interested. The race is in support of the Salvation Army, who do good works especially at this time of year.

Most races in December fall into this "fun run" category. We need to create a rhyming term like that for walkers -- "walk 'n' talk"?

After the holidays, we'll start training for early spring races. I've heard at least one murmur about the Peterborough Half in February. Then there's our Shore Things 10-Miler (that's 16K) at the end of March. Also on my list of spring possibles is the Waterloo Half in April.

Let me know what your races are, so I can plan a dated schedule. Generic/undated schedules are already on the blog.

4 comments:

debbie said...

Hi everyone,

I think I'm going race-crazy!

I've signed up for the Resolution Run (Helen - Running Room website says it's Sunday Dec. 28, not Sat. Dec. 27) as well as the Robbie Burns. I haven't owned a pair of flannel PJs for decades, but have very fond memories of them from my childhood!

Re the Resolution Run - what do those who are doing it think about having breakfast out together afterwards? The race is in the Distillery district, close to the Beaches, and as you all know, there are lots of good breakfast places in the Beaches. I like the Green Eggplant on Queen Street - yummy food. That place or anywhere else --what do you think?

Cheers

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Responding to Debbie's suggestion, the Green Eggplant on Queen East is a great place to go; so maybe we should think about that for a breakfast place on Dec 28th after the race.
I likely won't be out tonight, as I've got WAY too much going on; 'tis the season! And Wednesday night, I have a date with Neil Diamond, and a few of my closest friends, so won't be out then either. See you soon, Olwyn

Helen said...

Don't know if it was just me, but I've had a hard time logging on today -- hope to see some of you out this wet Monday.

Trish said...

I'm coming. Just looking for my shoes!