Thursday 23 October 2008

Walk: Sat. Oct. 25 @ Tim's


Hope you'll join us on Saturday for a (likely) damp but (more than likely) congenial 8K boardwalk stroll -- followed of course by the Three Cs: Coffee, Conversation and Companionship. See you at 8 am.

To our Shore Things hikers this weekend: please stay safe (and dry, if possible) and the best of luck on the trails.

A few things... first, may I introduce the head-turning new version of Leverne that you see in our picture. Sheila kindly stepped into the frame to prove that this really is our own Leverne and not some glamorous celebrity who happened upon us last Wednesday at Shopper's Drug Mart. As they often do.

Next... In my list of races last time I forgot to remind you about a fun one in January, the Robbie Burns 8K. I just tried to register Bob & myself, but it looks like they have an online registration glitch at the moment -- I've written the organizers and will update you soon.

Finally... There's now a waiting list for the Toronto Women's Half Marathon and hope to be able to add participants come spring. If you want to be included, write to them soon at: info@TOwomenshalf.com.

8 comments:

Jan said...

I'm planning on being out Saturday morning, rain or shine!

Anonymous said...

sorry, I won't be able to join you on Saturday in the rain as I'm going to Stratford bright (ull) and early tomorrow.
Have a good one, everybody and I hope to see you next week.

Anonymous said...

Laverne ~ Babe-o-licious...you look fab!
I likely won't be out tomorrow morning, but do plan to join you all the week after next, when these #@!$%^& operas are finally over. Good luck to the hikers,and belated congrats to the halfers from last weekend's race!
Olwyn

Helen said...

We'll be there on Saturday.

FYI the registration glitch for the Robbie Burns 8K is fixed -- so go ahead and register as this looks like a fun little race to motivate us to get out in winter.

debbie said...

Hi all,

Just checked the weather forecast for the nth time(wishful thinking) and it's still predicting rain...so...if it's a very light drizzle I may show up, if it's pouring - will stay beneath my two down comforters!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Laverne.....ditto Olwyn on the fab new look. If it rains I will wimp out...my consience is hiking...haha...so I don't have to go out! See you next week. Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Arlene and I plan to come Saturday if the rain is light...not if it is heavy
Congrats to all the Toronto halfers and Laverne, WOW what a super new look!
Libby

Trish said...

I too join the group of I'll be out if it is shining or at least not pouring.