Saturday 25 October 2008

Walk: Mon. Oct. 27 @ Loblaws

A slightly soggy yet lovely-in-its-own-way walk this morning brought out a small but hardy group, including two new walkers: Mona and Denise. Strangely, they say they'll be back for more.

Meanwhile, Sharon, Ruth and Suz are somewhere on the Bruce Trail, even as I write, ticking off the klics: 32 today, 32 tomorrow.

Just shows that we Shore Things gotta lotta pluck. (And some of us have cosy down comforters, which I'm sure felt good this morning, too.)

This Sunday, twenty-five 2008 Jeans Marines -- mostly walkers -- are doing the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, DC. Some of us remember that thrill ourselves. I wish them fine weather. The last time I was there in 2004, it was an election year, too; should be interesting.

From what I've heard, this might be the last-ever group of JMs to cross that finish line and get their hug from a Marine. Their year-end celebration is this Thursday, Oct. 30th at Bob & Jean's at 7 pm, if anyone wants to attend to give them a final send-off. I might skip a class and go myself.

C'mon out on Monday at 7 pm for 6-8K. Wear your sparkle lights.

4 comments:

Trish said...

Congrats to the newbies who showed up in the cold and rain!!!! It was very warm in bed. I am aiming to be out tonight but again it will be weather dependent - I can't afford a cold for the weekend so I am being a bit particular. However if I am not there and it is not raining please bang on my door and drag me out!

Anonymous said...

I planned on coming tonight, however things not good a home, so need to stay around. Have a good walk and look forward to Saturday walking. Have a good walk tonight! I am going to sign up for the Resolution and the Robbie Burns walk, hopefully we have lots going to those ones!

Helen said...

Just got back from a meeting under the deluge.

If it's raining like cats and dogs at 7 pm, we'll *call off our walk*. Please check in before you leave the house to be sure.

Helen said...

We're risking it. See you at 7.