Sunday 5 October 2008

Walk: Mon. Oct. 6 @ Loblaws

Sunrise, sunset; sunrise, sunset -- quickly go the klics. Do you realize that, whenever we complete a full 16-week half marathon training schedule, including the race, we've walked over 600K -- 400 of them in the last 9 weeks of the schedule?

Think about that. For every half you did this season, you walked 400-600 km. Are you impressed with yourself? You should be! You should also be making sure your shoes don't need replacing

On Saturday, another 18K sped under our soles, as the Toronto Half walkers did our last long walk of training before the race on Oct. 19th -- same day, incidentally, as our Stellar pals will be doing the Nike Women's Full and Half in San Francisco.

This coming weekend, our own Debbie heads off to B.C. for the Victoria Half. Inveterate Bruce Trail hiker S. is planning her next 3-day, 75K adventure. And, as it will be Thanksgiving weekend, those of us left behind should be thinking about when we want to get together: Saturday and Monday mornings?

Monday's an easy 8K walk. C'mon out and join us.

And note these little reminders:

- there are already 600 of the 1000 max. registered for the Toronto Women's Half (May 31st), so don't leave it too long if you're interested

- ditto, the Resolution 5K, which often sells out by October

- mark your calendars for our year-end pot luck party: November 8th

- and mark November 22nd for Bob's gig at the Black Swan

8 comments:

Jan said...

Okay I did it - I registered for the TO Women's half in May - this is the new me!

Anonymous said...

Hey Everyone,

So....I messed up....I registered myself for the Chilly Half....
(I thought I was being a keener when I was online registering for the K-W 10k as well as the CIBC Run yesterday...) and completely forgot about previous discussions re: boycotting this one.....so looks like I'm gonna do it......if anyone wants to join me please let me know.... Now I really want to do the Women's half in May.....any suggestions?

I'll see you all at loblaws tonite.....alexis

P Dawn said...

There seems to be a new Jan emerging here. I hope she will be as nice as the old one.......

I will not be at Loblaw's tonight.

Helen said...

Alexis, we're not boycotting the Chilly, per se -- it's just that we might have alternatives for the early spring race (including our own event). That being said, those who want to join Alexis in the Chilly should register soon, as there are only 150 walker spaces.

FYI, you can easily do *both* the Chilly plus the TO Women's Half -- there's nearly 3 months between them. Some of us did both Chilly and Mississauga last year, and the latter race happens 3 weeks earlier than the TOwomen's next year.

Lots to discuss tonight on our walk. See you at 7.

Anonymous said...

Jan, what is going on??? Incredible!
I will not be out tonight but hope to join the fun on Wednesday. It was a great long weekend up north at Lake of Bays. The colours are just about at peak but the lake was only 55 degrees so we passed on the swimming. Cynthia

Eva said...

I got an early taste of what we are expecting at the Toronto Women Half yesterday... no, not the chocolates, but (are you ready?) --- the firemen. It was a false alarm - thank goodness ... smoke detectors/carbon monoxide alarms went off couple of times Sunday morning. No fire but I was advised to call 911 since my furnace was fixed during the week... Long story short, they're cute...

I will not be walking tonight, Monday... (where did I put that number???) :-)

Trish said...

I am trying hard for Wed. night.

Anonymous said...

Hi All,
I'm well into the technical rehearsals for the operas right now, and working just about every night, so I won't be out for a while; will try and make it next week sometime.
Eva - glad to hear that there was no fire, but I'm very glad to hear about the cute firemen....I think I'll sign up for the women's half tomorrow!
Have a good week, everyone! Olwyn