Tuesday 26 August 2008

Walk: Wed. Aug. 27 @ Shoppers

Here you can see three of our top finishers making their breakaway -- and making an iconic image for our album. You'll be able to see many more photos if you sign in to our Flickr page -- and if you have photos to share, please upload them soon. Contact me if you've forgotten or don't know the passwords.

Most of our group are travelling back from Quebec today (Tuesday). For that reason, it would be especially good if you'd sign in to let us know whether to expect you on Wednesday night. A short walk is sure to unkink all the knots. However, we can completely understand the need for some R&R.

I've fixed the problem that was preventing people from reading the combined Scotia/Toronto schedule on our website. If you're doing either race, have a look and decide your distance.

If you've signed up for the Scotia Half, please email me so I can add you to our confirmed list. Ditto for any other races this fall. If you want to know who is doing which race, look at the "Interests List" on our website. This is what we will be generating for 2009 come November.

And a reminder about the Kitchener-Waterloo Walking Classic. More people have mentioned an interest in this -- but it's coming up soon, so click through the link on our website and do your stuff.

Congratulations to the Quebec finishers, and great work to all the trainees for upcoming excursions. See you at 7 pm Wednesday.

6 comments:

Trish said...

First and foremost - congrats to all the Quebec finishers! Well done. Can't wait to see the pics, medals and hear your stories.
I won't be out tomorrow night - having a very delayed BD celebration. Will be out Saturday if I can hitch a ride.

P Dawn said...

Brilliant photo, Helen. I look forward to seeing some of the other ones.
I will NOT be at Shopper's tomorrow evening. Hopefully will see everyone on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Great fun in Quebec. Congrats to all. And a huge Thank you to our host and hostesses for the pasta dinner on Sat and the potluck on Sunday.

I will not be at Shoppers tonight.

Maria

Eva said...

Quebec was lots of fun. Thanks to our wonderful couple, Helen and Bob for the pasta dinner and celebratory gathering.

The trip, the race (minus the heat), the food, the B&B, the company... I had a great time.

I will not be at Shoppers tonight.

Anonymous said...

Hi All,
Lovely photos, Helen; I'll get mine downloaded and onto the site soon.
Thanks again to our gracious hosts in Quebec; Helen, Bob and La Belle Mere; a lovely time indeed.
And a really, really wonderful weekend all 'round; apart from that blasted heat. Maybe next time it will be cooler; let's hope.
I likely won't be out tonight, as I have to catch up on a ton of work, and I also won't be out Sat. morning, as I'll be in Stratford getting some culture; but hope to see everyone again next week.
See you all soon! Olwyn

Helen said...

Because our joints need lubricating, Bob & I will be out for a 6K stroll. Hope to see at least a few folks out, too -- not that taking a walk with my guy wouldn't also be good.