Thursday 31 July 2008

Walk: Sat. Aug. 2 @ Tim's

August! August?!?! Yes, it is upon us, and to celebrate the new month we're doing a wonderful 16K. See you at 7 am.

We have a choice of two routes: eastbound along the boardwalk up Fallingbrook towards the Bluffs OR southbound to the lighthouse with a side-trip along the Martin Goodman trail. Both routes are posted on the website. Please give them a look.

So, what's it going to be, folks? I need you to sign in and vote for your preference. It's particularly helpful to see who'll be there (or not) on a long weekend like this.

Speaking of which -- same goes if you will be away for Monday's walk. There's no Wow class this Monday, but we can take a make-up class at any other location (refer to the Wow website). Just let Jane know, and she'll inform the other instructor. Preferences?

Today's picture was taken in London, England when Leverne, myself and our daughters Emma and Betsy met up -- was it only a week ago? My iPhoto picture book of the trip has just arrived; I'll have it on Saturday if you're interested.

9 comments:

P Dawn said...

I'll be at Tim's tomorrow and I'd like to do the eastbound route. I guess that stops just short of Rsetta park, yes?
Beautiful girls (all four) in the photo!!
I'd be interested in a Monday walk if we could do it earlier in the day.

Ruth said...

I'll be at Tim's on Saturday. If it's hot and humid, the eastbound route would be better - more options for a dropout or water. I do plan to come out on Monday.

I agree with Dawn - what a lovely picture.

Anonymous said...

eastbound would suit me too... can't believe London was only a week ago
Leverne

Anonymous said...

See you all tomorrow morning; I'm voting for the eastbound route also. Lovely photo of you ladies; only a week ago!
I won't be there on Monday night, as Steve and I are on a little getaway;-).....!
See you tomorrow!
Olwyn

Trish said...

I too vote for the eastbound route. I doubt I'll make the whole 16 (though I am pretty sure I walked that distance some days in Paris, none of it was at a good pace- except after the fireworks when we needed to catch the last train and I know I did 5k at a PB) so it is a more interesting route to walk back alone. I would also be interested in an early walk Monday.

Anonymous said...

The route doesn't matter to me. Maybe sometime in the near future we can go north up through Riverdale Park or to the lookout at ChesterHill for a change of scenery.
Barb

debbie said...

Hi everyone and welcome back Trish! I want a detailed desription of all the food you ate! Oh, and you can tell us about the sights too...

Since we've done the Leslie Spit quite a few Saturdays, I'm also fine with the eastward walk.

See you there.

Debbie

Helen said...

Eastbound it is! See you all Saturday at 7.

Anonymous said...

I vote for the east route and will be there with bells on. I would be interested in an earlier Monday walk also.
Charlotte