Monday 26 May 2008

Walk: Mon. May 26 @ Loblaws


Quonset dancers
Originally uploaded by theshorethings
It looks like a thunderstorm might pass through at our usual 7 pm meeting time, so keep an eye on the weather. However, if it's just a bit of drizzle, walking can be quite refreshing.

The Quebec Half schedule says 5K. Cut and paste this link into your browser for a map. (Unfortunately, if I go back and make the link live, it removes the caption from the photo.)

http://www.mapmyrun.com/walk/canada/on/toronto/593870757034

Add a few intervals to add challenge to your shorter workout: fast walkers, when you loop back to the group, turn on the steam, over-shoot the back of the pack, then turn and return to a conversational pace. Try this 3-4 times.

Some of us are still training with Wow on Mondays (Class 6 of 10) and won't see you tonight. Have a great walk.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gang,
I won't be out tonight, as I have volunteered at a local event; nor Wednesday for similar reasons. But plan to be there on Saturday at Tim's.
I love the photo of the 'Quanset Dancers'; but I think that Jan needs to kick a little higher to keep up with the rest of the corps!
Have a great week, everyone, Olwyn

Trish said...

Weather permitting I will be out tonight. I missed you all on Saturday!

Anonymous said...

I unfortunately cannot make the walk tonight (Monday) as I have a meeting to go to. Not sure if you all received the message, however you cannot pick-up your Elfie Shrubb race kits on Friday, just Saturday in Whitby. Enjoy your walk tonight!