Thursday 17 April 2008

Walk: Sat. Apr. 19 @ Tim's

Suuuuuuuuuuuunshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!

Yes, summer has made an early appearance, and it looks like it will hold over till Saturday. What a perfect day for 16K. That's just what you were thinking, right?

Here's the route:

http://www.mapmyrun.com/walk/canada/on/toronto/558540927

It's a there-and-back, so it's easy to turn at any point. But here are some things to remember, since we've probably forgotten what it means to walk in warm weather:

- bring water; you'll get thirsty
- dress for 10˚C hotter than the predicted temp -- or in easy-to-strip layers
- hat!
- sunglasses!
- don't forget to apply the BodyGlide if chafing is an issue
- sunscreen! -- especially if you dare to be bare (is this the day to break out the shorts?)

One thing: we've gotten over the excitement of the blog and are starting to take it for granted. It works best when everyone uses it. So please sign in to say if you're coming -- or not coming. And please use the poll (not the comments) if you want to be counted for space at the restaurant after Sporting Life.

See you at 8 am.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be walking on Saturday, probably not, maybe I should say I will not be doing 16k.

Anonymous said...

I am still really under the waether with this flu/cold so I am a definite maybe for Sat. I'm certainly with Louann as far as distance I will not do 16K if I can get myself there!

Eva said...

I felt crappy (with colds/runny nose) yesterday and today, so I am a maybe as well for Saturday. Same thing with Louann and Brette, if I'll feel better and can show up, I'll do a shorter distance.

It's bad timing to get sick, I cannot enjoy the much awaited sunshine and warm weather.

debbie said...

I'll miss you all...I'm going to Montreal for the weekend to spend Passover with my family there.
And next weekend I am also out of town. So I'll have to do those long distances on my own!
I'll be
back on Saturday May 3rd, the taper walk before Mississauga.
Enjoy the gorgeous weather, everyone!

Anonymous said...

Dawn if you are coming Saturday can you bring my box of "goodies" I left at your place. I can't believe it but I need to use a glue gun (haven't used it probably in 2 years but found something to use it on now)! Thanks.

P Dawn said...

I'll be there. But probably NOT doing 16 k as I want to be awake and vivacious (that will be the day) for the croning ritual.....

Anonymous said...

I'll be there Saturday and following Dawn!
Eileen

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone,
I won't be walking on Saturday, as I have to take my Dad to an early appointment in Pickering, but hope to be out sometime on Sunday (not 16k, though!) It looks like I can't make it to Nishe's ceremony, as I have to work late afternoon into the evening; but I'll send happy wishes her way!
Hope everyone is enjoying this long-awaited SUNSHINE!
See you all soon,
Olwyn
ps - Happy Passover, Debbie!

Trish said...

I too fall into that possibly, maybe category. I seem to have inherited that cold that is going around. I will get my clothes ready tonight and see how it goes. It will not be 16K. I too need to look my most ravishing for the afternoon.

Helen said...

I'll be there, and doing 16K with my one and only. If you haven't seen our Shore Things cards yet, get some from me. Also, I still have a few Chilly shirts left to give out.

Anonymous said...

Arlene and I plan to walk. See you at 8
Libby