Sunday 16 March 2008

Walk: Mon. March 17 @ Loblaw's

Okay, so how many of you knew that Toronto has one of the largest St. Patrick's Day Parades in the world? Not me, for sure.

Unfortunately, it happened on Sunday -- so we'll have to do our own little St. Paddy's parade, starting 7 pm from Loblaw's. It's 8K long.

Wearing green is optional.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/on/toronto/115879763

The schedule says hills, but we'll keep it simple till road surfaces become more trustworthy underfoot. Soon, I hope. The sunshine and temps for our walk along the Spit on Saturday were signs that spring might just be around the corner.

In our pic of the week, Dawn and Eileen demonstrate another important sign, this one at the turnaround point for Saturday's 10K walk: Do not pass.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi All,
I'll have to miss a few of our walks in the next weeks, as we're getting into our evening opera rehearsal schedule. I'm planning to be out on Saturday morning at Tim's so hope to see you all then!
Lovely photo, by the way, of the 'Do Not Pass' girls!
Have a great week,
Olwyn

Anonymous said...

My knees are acting up today, so I am not able to join you (sadly). I was really looking forward to the walk as I missed Saturday. Well I will try again for this coming Saturday! (Lou-Ann)