Tuesday 5 February 2008

Walk: Wed. Feb. 6 @ Shoppers

Greetings, Intrepid Walkers!

This Wednesday, the Chilli-ers are scheduled to do 11K. Unfortunately for me, I'll be off seeing Up the Yangtze with the Doc Soup gang. However, I have created a route map, trying to make it as untwisty as possible. Please print a copy for yourself. It offers you a potential bathroom stop (McDonalds on Danforth near Broadview) at roughly the half-way mark.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/walk/canada/on/toronto/171819690

A special hello to Marilyn, who came all the way from Victoria, B.C. (via Florida) to join us for intervals on Monday night (she's training for Big Sur). Miraculously, we completed our 8K, narrowly missing the rain. Coincidence? I think not.

Happy birthday on Wednesday to Barbara, who is still on our injured list, and I hope is recovering. Last Saturday, Margy & Rainer (also coming back from injuries) dropped by after our walk for coffee. They looked great, and it was great to see them. Take care of yourselves out there, friends.

8 comments:

Helen said...

I suspect most of you are in "wait and see" mode about the new storm. It sounds like it will be picking up steam at just about walking time.

If you don't walk tonight, perhaps some of you can reschedule for Thursday night? I'll be at a class on Thursday and will have to pass.

Otherwise, we'll say "qu'est sera, sera" and reconvene on Saturday.

H.

Anonymous said...

Have a show tonight, but hoping to be out Saturday morning for our 16k.
See you then!

Olwyn

Trish said...

I think based on the weather forcast I will stay in tonight. I could be convinced to go out tomorrow night if there are any other takers.
Trish

Barbara said...

Hi all,

I have really missed being out. Thank you for the birthday greetings, Helen.
MY knee is still quite painful- the cartilage around the outer knee troubles me after a few minutes walking so there is no way I could keep up with your schedule - though I plan to!!
I am training at the y and hope to get back to yoga so hopefully by the spring I will be trying to catch up. I am interested in Quebec if I am able.
Ian and I will come for coffee at Tim's soon- or the new venue.
Miss you all. Happy Walking!

Barbara

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm going to throw in the towel for tonight. I think it might be too frustrating - all that slipping and sliding! Unfortunately I can't make up the distance Thurs either. Will see you all Saturday.

Barb, so nice to hear from you and hope your recovery is speedy.

Anonymous said...

Looking out the window at the swirling snow I've decided to stay home but would be interested in walking tomorrow, same time & place? Hope you all have snow tires
This Saturday still at Loblaws?

Anonymous said...

I would be interested in going tomorrow instead. Same place, same time?

Lynne

Eva said...

Sounds like my backup plan of snuggling in a blanket, have a hot cocoa and read the book club book is the way to go tonight.

I am maybe for Thursday... got a deadline at work.

See you Saturday.