Sunday 17 February 2008

Walk: Mon. Feb. 18 @ Loblaws

I know it's a holiday, but (contingent on the weather) some of us will be meeting as usual on Monday at 7 pm. We're getting into taper for the Chilly, and the distance is only a snappy 8K.

Here's a link to our route. By now, much of this will be familiar to you:

http://www.mapmyrun.com/walk/canada/on/toronto/115879763

What an amazing, Vitamin-D-filled day we had for our 18K on Saturday. Here most of us are at the halfway point. Let's hope for more days like this as Spring begins to spring.

Wednesday's walk calls for 13K; however, for many reasons, I suggest that we swap this with Saturday's distance. So that will mean 8K again on Wednesday night, then 13K when we're back at Tim's. Any dissenters, please speak up!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is anyone interested in walking on Monday during the day....greater visibility and less ice.

May I suggest 4:00 pm at Loblaws - although I have flexibility.

Any interest?

Susan

sharon said...

Not a bad idea starting earlier but I already psyched myself up for our 7 pm meeting time. I am using my "Family Day" to catch up on 2005's spring cleaning. I'm gaining ground. If the timing doesn't change I'll be there this evening.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone,
I was in the dining room at Timmy's on Saturday afternoon - it's open again, but the drive through won't be until the 22nd. See you tonight!
Stacey

Helen said...

Tempted to walk at 4, but as Lucy is leaving tomorrow want to be sure of getting as much Lucytime as possible. Will let you know later.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ladies and Gent,
I actually went out this morning, as I'm taking advantage of an opera-free evening tonight at home; but advise about the ice underfoot. It was very slippery, and there are still lots of uncleared sidewalks; so I suggest you use your yak-trax tonight. I won't be out on Wed, due to 'Tosca', but plan to be there on Saturday morning.
And hope to make it to the book club tomorrow, if it's not too late when the subway gets me to Coxwell.
Have a great week! Olwyn

Helen said...

Have just learned that we have another family visit coming, so will be walking tonight after all. Temps will fall after dark, YakTrak it!

Helen said...

Sorry, everyone -- we had/have car troubles. Not sure what's wrong, but hope we can fix it before our trip to the airport tomorrow!