Thursday 19 July 2018

Walks: Sat. July 21 to Wed. July 25

A photo op with one of our morning walk groups
Maybe it's the (slight) break in the hot weather, but people are starting to sign up for fall races – I know that having a goal and a schedule helps me stay motivated. How about you?

Another good reason to come out to join us on Saturdays or during the week – plus coffee, company, and sometimes… beer. In case you haven't checked the comments on last week's blog, we are shifting the Wednesday night walk on July 18th to Thursday, July 19 at 6 pm. Still at Occasions, but with a finish at the Godspeed Brewery patio. Sign in if you'll be there.

Note that, next week, some of us will be at camp or cottages, so our ranks might be thinner than usual. Check to see if you'll have company for your walks.

From Libby:

This week’s race training distances are as follows:

Maritimers long distance of 16K
Corning ladies long distance 12K
Both races require weekday distances of 8 and 8.


Trainees are always looking for company on their long walks so please sign in if you wish to join them! The fall race list is expanding...thank you Olwyn (Scotia Half) and Helen and Bob (Maritime 5K and Half – that's two races, three medals).


Remember local races of Jazz fest next weekend with distances of 20, 10 and 5K…something for everyone. The Shakespeare Rules race is coming up in August...any interest please let Libby know. Links to race details and registration are in the sidebar on the blog web page.

Welcome home to Ruth, Susan, and others. We look forward to hearing your stories!

From Helen:

Please send any post-race news and any Shore Things pictures to me. I'm on blog duty next week as well. Thanks, and take care!

19 comments:

Helen said...

Bob and I will be at Occasions for something like the 10K on our schedule tonight (Thursday) at 6 pm. Just in case you want to join us. We should be back at Godspeed by 8-ish for reviving beverages.

Helen said...

No one else has signed in for Thursday night – does that mean no one else is coming?

Jan said...

I am

Libby said...

Arlene and I will be out this Saturday. Happy to join the 16K group ..let us know the projected start time if not 8.

P Dawn said...

I am coming tomorrow morning. I am assuming 800 am start as blog doesn't say differently.

Anonymous said...

I will be out Saturday morning at 8 am.

Barb Shand

Olwyn said...

I'll be out Saturday morning for an 8am start; see everyone then!

Sharon KJ said...

See you in the morning.

SKJ

Trish said...

I plan to be out in the morning. Distance to be determined (despite what blog says and I know I should do).

Helen said...

For those doing 16 K tomorrow, I’m going to suggest that we start early as it looks like it’s going to be another hot day. I’d be willing to start as early as 7 AM, but would compromise at 7:30. Sign in and say what you want.

Jan said...

7:30 works for me. Not sure 16k works for me..... oh all right! Just in case I sign up for the Pirate race(s) - it's all about the hardware.....

Jan said...

For those doing 16 Bob has suggested we do the western route - down to Cherry Beach then along the Martin Goodman to Bathurst then straight back along Lakeshore (or maybe Villiers for part of the way to get off Lakeshore).

Thoughts?

Anonymous said...

I'm in for 7:30 and the western route
Leverne

Libby said...

Arlene and I will plan to start with the distance folks at 7:30. If we wear out, we'll turn back earlY!

Trish said...

I'll stick to a shorter distance and start at 8. Hopefully in a week or so I will be up to going with the Halifax lot ( a little ahead of Corning but all good).

Lou-Ann said...

See you in the morning...8:00 start for me! Welcome back Susan and Ruth.

Charlotte said...

See the 8 o'clock people tomorrow at 8.

Anonymous said...

I'll set the alarm for a 7:30 start but if I'm not there,don't wait.

Ruth

Eva said...

See you tomorrow, Saturday, at 8 am. 😊