Friday 16 October 2015

Walks - Sat. Oct. 17 - Wed. Oct. 21

Corning Crowd
Join us Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. Those training for Niagara have 12 k as their goal (and may want an earlier start, so check the blog). Others will select a distance of their choice. Coffee afterwards for all.
 
Best of luck to Olwyn as our stalwart Shore Things beacon in the Scotia Bank Half this Sunday. We will do a rain dance to keep the weather gods from rain or snow for you! Do us proud!
Mid week walks - there are some changes brewing.
Are the daytime walkers meeting? Is there interest? Let us know.
 
Evening walks at 7:00 pm - sign in so others know your plans.
Monday at Loblaws and Starbucks.
Will this arrangement work with two locations on Monday? Let us know.
 
Wednesday at Occasions.
 
If we are out there walking, it is all good - with friends is even better.
 
Announcements: from Libby: Put on your thinking caps; walking legs in motion; plan a few races for next year. As a suggestion, it is great to have a spring race planned for motivation to train in those blustery winter days! Pass on any race thoughts to Libby, either in person or email. Bring your suggestions to the year-end party as well.
 
from Helen: A general plea to our photographers: Helen needs any pictures you’ve taken this year (in the largest size possible) for our calendar and yearbook. A few can be sent by email them to Helen. If you have a collection, please use a thumb drive, which she promises to return.
 
To those travelling, enjoy your adventures.
 
 
 
 


30 comments:

P Dawn said...

I hope to be at Tim's on Saturday at 8.00, weather permitting.

Daytime walkers - there are no formal daytime walking on an ongoing basis due to many of the regular day walkers having other commitments etc. etc. So this happens on a very hit and miss basis. If there are some people who would like to walk during the day, I wold be happy to hear from you about a Monday or a Wednesday and proceed from there.

Olwyn said...

Thanks for the good wishes for the Scotiabank on Sunday, Susan; I'll be joined by Cheryl and Ralph, so we'll be a happy threesome! (..walking, that is!) Ergo, I won't be out on Saturday, as I'll be reserving my energies for Sunday. Happy walking, all!

Anonymous said...

Good luck to all the Scotiabankers on Sunday.
Got my winter gear ready for tomorrow's walk, see you at 8:00,
Sheila

Susan said...

I'll be out at 8:00 am on Saturday - sorry that I missed you as participants in the Scotiabank half, Cheryl and Ralph - make us proud!

Susan

Anonymous said...

I will be out tomorrow..Rainer will not as his back is still an issue
Good luck to the Scotia crowd..you are awesome !
Margy

Helen said...

We'll be out at 7:30 from Tim's for our last 12K walk, so we can finish more or less in time for coffee with the gang. Best of luck to our Scotiabankers -- you'll be swell.

Bundle up! And bring in any of your tender plants tonight, just in case. It's getting frosty.

Libby said...

I will join Helen et al at 7:30 for the last 12K training.

Trish said...

I will be out in the morning for a short walk at 8:00.

Jan said...

I'll be out at 7:30 With the 12kers - seems like ages since I walked so o need it.

Anonymous said...

Sharon and I will be out at 8 am.

Barb Shand

Anonymous said...

I will be at Loblaws at 7pm Monday. Deanna

Susan said...

I will join you Deanna - at Loblaws on Monday. Hope to see some others - busy night with the election and the Blue Jays - may the best teams win at both events!.

Susan

Trish said...

I won't be out tonight. Should but won't. Was over ambitious at market yesterday and have lots of veggies that need to make it into the pot while they are still fresh. Tonight's menu - pear parsnip soup, red bean lager chili and lentil cauliflower soup.
DONT FORGET TO VOTE!

Carol said...

I'll join you at Loblaws tonight at 7:00

Helen said...

Will anyone be going to Starbucks tonight?

FYI, I have Kimberley queen ferns to give away (3) -- great houseplants over winter (cousins of Boston fern, but not nearly as fussy), and they'll be fab outdoors next summer. Please speak up to put in your dibs.

Anonymous said...

Helen, I'll take one off your hands if you still have them.
Lynne

Kim said...

I am not walking tonight--I have an appointment with my son at George Brown (and I have a knee issue).

Anonymous said...

I will join you Deanna, Susan and Carol tonight.

Sylvia

Helen said...

As no one has signed in for Starbucks yet, we'll got to Loblaws for our 6K -- if we can get a ride. Pretty please? Will bring ferns (you can have one, Lynne).

Unknown said...

I will be at Loblaws 2nite. See y'all there!

Unknown said...

I will be at Loblaws 2nite. See y'all there!

Anonymous said...

Fern for me please Helen,
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I will walk tonight from Occasions. Anyone else?

Sylvia

Helen said...

Bob and I will be at Occasions at 7 for a mere 5K, as long as it isn't pouring.

Unknown said...

I planned to be out 2nite, but I am behind in my marking, so I won't be there.

Anonymous said...

See you Helen and Bob. Kim will also join us.
I also am not a fan of rain.

Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Leverne and Lynne are passing on tonight. See you guys on Friday night at relish
Leverne

Trish said...

Sorry for the late reply. I won't be out tonight. Hope to see you Friday.

Susan said...

I will likely be there by 7:00 but my team is playing a do or die game - these are very difficult choices for me.

If I'm not there, don't wait.

Susan

Helen said...

Change of plans, as our ride has just dropped out (and I'm too lazy to add 2K to our route). Bob and I will skip tonight and do our 5K early tomorrow. Sorry for the late notice!