Thursday 23 January 2014

Walks - Sunday Jan. 25 - Wednesday Jan 29

Four of our Finest
 
I feel like I (and perhaps our mayor?) have fallen off the wagon. We have been weather challenged these past few weeks and for some of us that means little walking.  Saturday is a time for redemption, one sole at a time, so join us at Tim's, at 8:00 am, for the distance of your choice....unless, of course, you are training.  If training for the Chilly Half, the distance is a chilly 16 km this weekend.
 
Monday, from Loblaws, at 7:00 for 6 km. Wednesday, apparently has moved back to Shopper's, at 7 for 6 km. But, if you are training for the Chilly, 8 km is on the training schedule for both week nights. Please sign in so others know of your intentions.
 
Best wishes to those participating in the Robbie Burns race this weekend. Wear your kilts with pride!
 
Safe travels to Libby & Greg who are travelling as of next week - have a wonderful time in New Zealand.
 
Announcements:
from Dawn: - brunch at TKOs is sold out. Thanks for your interest and support. There will be some items for raffle, so bring a bit of change. Thanks to the Social Committee members for organizing the raffle. Proceeds will help replenish our coffers.

from Libby - Race interests welcomed.  Consider this:
Bob and Helen have signed up for the Corning Wineglass Half on October 4th. Libby is seriously considering this as her fall race. It would be nice to try for a contingent going down. It is only a 4- ish hour drive!
See you Saturday.
 


27 comments:

Trish said...

I won't' be out Saturday morning. Saving my walking legs for Robbie on Sunday. Have a good walk!

Olwyn said...

I'll be joining Trish on the snowy streets of Burlington, in the Robbie Burns, so won't be out on Saturday. Haveth ye a goode walke (that's a lame attempt at a Scottish bur!)

Olwyn said...

By the way, nice photos, Susan!

Anonymous said...

I'm not able to make it tomorrow.

To all the Robbie Burns's, have a fun time.
Sheila

debbie said...

If it's not too cold and not too windy and not too snowy...that's a lot of ifs ...I'll be out tomorrow for 6 km.

Anonymous said...

Plan was to be out Saturday but I am going to wait until see what weather is like in the morning...if as windy as tonight not walking weather! Will post update early Saturday morning.
Frances

Anonymous said...

I plan on walking Saturday morning, not sure the distance as it will probably depend on the weather. Olwyn I agree with you lame...but atleast you tried! Good luck you Robbie Burns folks. Debbie you do have a lot of ifs, mind you I am just not publishing mine!

Lou-Ann said...

Oops, hit publish before printing my name, sorry.

Anonymous said...

Plan to come out for short walk and coffee... if it is not too brutal weatherwise.
Hope it eases up for the Robbie or I will not be wearing a kilt!
If I can drag Rainer out of bed he will be there with me in the morning too!
Margy

Sharon KJ said...

I won't be out tomorrow. Went to the gym for an hour workout and then walked home from Victoria Pk and Eglinton to Kennedy and Eglinton. The wind was fierce and I encountered zero people along the way. The snow is already drifting so be careful tomorrow.

See you next week.

SKJ

Anonymous said...

Plan on being out in the morning
Leverne

Barbara said...

we plan on being out..if we can see with the expected blizzard. Good luck to all on the Robbie Burns!

Helen said...

It's going to be very windy Saturday morning, so I suggest for those who can walking Sunday instead of Saturday. Unfortunately I can't do that, however that would be a way of avoiding those 75 km gusts. Best of luck to all the Robbies!

Anonymous said...

Too windy for me this (Saturday) morning, will not be out. Weather does not look great for Monday/Wednesday so I will probably try and get out during afternoon instead of evening.
Frances

debbie said...

I could hear the wind all night and still hear it --I'm staying home and will go to the gym later.

Hope to see some of you during the week.

Anonymous said...

Who is interested in Sunday?
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I'll head out for Tim's (Saturday) but not sure if and how far I'll go.

And, I am willing to walk Sunday morning too if anyone is interested. I'm prefer to meet a bit later - 9:00 am?

Susan

Lou-Ann said...

Dawn and I are on our way.

Anonymous said...

Leverne,Lynne and Alexis are coming.

Anonymous said...

Anyone walking tonight?

Kathleen

Helen said...

Jan and I have a class on Monday night, and Bob is mired in report cards. Careful on the streets! I gave my ankle a tiny twist with a slip on our walk this morning and it's been hurting all day. Yaktrax, friends!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Lynne and Leverne are not walking, it's too cold
Leverne

Anonymous said...

I will not be out during the week, should be out Saturday.
Frances

Jan said...

I don't get it - according to the Weather network it's only -10 but I went out at noon and froze. Will judge again on the way home.

Anonymous said...

I don't get it either. I thought the same. It feels like -30. If people are brave enough to walk, I will join you, but I am not sure positive it's a good idea.

Kathleen

Anonymous said...

I don't want to walk in this ridiculous weather. I'm waiting to walk on Sunday. I froze walking to work this morning.
Leverne

Helen said...

Bob has report cards again, and I'm quite happy to go (or stay in) with the majority. Looks like "stay in" has it. See you all on Sunday.