Monday 22 March 2010

Walks: March 22 & 24

This is what I brought back for you: a little glimpse of sunshine, sand and summer. Happy Spring!

Today's weather forecast looks a bit iffy, but if the deluge doesn't come, we have 8K on the schedule. See you at 7.

Wednesday has the same 8K distance, but has the added joy of a few hills.

However, we'll also hit the track on our way to do a 1-Mile Test, in which we walk four circuits of the track at a pace we know we can maintain for an extended period. It isn't about going as fast as we can during the test, it's about setting a benchmark for each of us so we can see if we're improving with our training. We'll repeat the test to compare later in the training season. To quote Martha Stewart (whom I missed at Canada Blooms this year): It's a good thing.

6 comments:

eileen said...

I'll be out for Wed's walk,
Eileen

Olwyn said...

Welcome back, H and B! Thanks for the picture ~ gorgeous... Hope to be out tonight; see you then, O.

Lou-Ann said...

By the picture the weather was beautiful! Hope you had the bestest of times! See you tonight (rain or shine).

Helen said...

I'm so off schedule, that I forgot I can't come on Mondays! Bob also has returned home with a bug of some sort, and won't be out tonight. We'll see everyone on Wednesday; fingers crossed.

Jan said...

since I am still downtown with stuff to do I think I will pass tonight also -see everybody Wednesday

debbie said...

Welcome back Helen and Bob! That photo is enticing!

Hope to see everyone this Saturday.

Debbie