Saturday 19 December 2009

Walks: Week of Dec. 21 to 27

Closing out our blog for 2009 with a proud moment for the east end of Toronto, when four of us "rose to the occasion" getting up early to watch the Olympic Torch pass by on Friday. We were luckily right at an exchange point just south of the Leaside Bridge (thanks, Dawn). My heart swelled a little to watch these two young people touch torches then give each other a high-five, surrounded by smiling faces with origins from all around the world. That's my Canada!

With a busy week ahead, you're on your own for walks. If you think you'd like company, though (especially on Saturday, Dec. 26th), do sign in as a comment to see if there are other like-minded soles (pun intended).

Our next gathering will be the Resolution 5K on Dec. 27th. I'm offering to pick up race kits. The event is at Exhibition Place, and Barbara and Ian have invited us for coffee and sustenance afterwards. Bob & I will be driving if you need a ride. So, here's what you have to tell me, by replying to this email:
  • a) Yes, please pick up my kit for the Resolution. Here's my confirmation form.
  • b) Yes, I need a ride. What time should I be at your place? (TBD, by the way.)
  • c) How lovely! I will be at Barbara and Ian's with my (self, significant other, pet rabbit... or?).
Thanks again, everyone, for my delightful surprise today. I look forward to choosing my spa treat, and even more to experiencing it. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday, however you celebrate it.

An official Happy Birthday to Eva! It was great to see you today at Edward Levesque. (We're all grateful to Olwyn and Eileen for organizing that, too.) And, in case things get too hectic and you don't hear from me soon enough, early Birthday wishes to Brette. Enjoy your day, both of you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is anyone interested in walking this week & next?

I'm working Monday & hope to be home in time to walk. Will anyone else be at Loblaws?

Then, off until Jan 4th & would love to get out regularly during those 2 weeks...morning or evening.

Susan

Olwyn said...

Just letting you know that I won't be out this week; too much going on! I'll be out on December 27 for the Resolution Run. I would like to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas and holiday season. Olwyn

Helen said...

Susan and friends, I won't be out tonight, as my Christmas shopping has hardly begun, and I'd like to get it over with.

If Wednesday looks likely, I'll sign in -- would prefer morning rather than evening.

I will be doing a post-Christmas message for walks next week. Once the shopping mania is over and all the Xmas calories are consumed, regular walks might be welcome!

Happy Christmas everyone!

Anonymous said...

Helen, May I get a ride to Exhibition Place for the Resolution Run? Thanks, Sharon.

Helen said...

Hello, pre-Christmas walkers. Bob & I would be amenable to a walk on Wednesday morning at 9ish -- perhaps at Tim's. Sound tempting? If no takers, we'll set off from our place at 9ish, in case we have any last-minute takers.

Anonymous said...

Susan, I'll walk on Monday night, 28th. meet you at 7 at Loblaws
Leverne