Wednesday 30 December 2009

New Year Walks: Dec. 30 & Jan. 2

Ring out the old with our last walk of 2009 tonight at Shoppers. If there's a will for it, we could try starting early; say just after sunset at 5 pm. Otherwise, the time is as usual at 7. Sign in here.

Ring in the new with our first 2010 walk at Tim's on Saturday at 8 am. It happens to be our Donna B's birthday -- a happy one to you (and belated yet nonetheless heartfelt birthday good wishes to Brette; I'll bet you get that a lot, eh, kiddo?)

Let us know if you're coming and when by signing in here. Sorry for the late posting. I got a cold for Christmas, and it robbed me of brains for a few days.

P.S. Sharp-eyed Shore Thing Jeannette recently sent me a link to the Live Earth Run/Walk for Water in April. It's a 6K event on Toronto Island. Might be worth putting on our radar. Earlybird deadline for registration is tomorrow (December 31st). Save some bucks as you save the Earth!

12 comments:

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be out tonight (Wednesday), I'm going to the movies but I will be out Saturday morning. Wishing everyone a healthy and Happy New Year! See you in 2010.

I am interested in doing the Live, Earth... April walk is anyone else? I would prefer to sign-up at the lessor fee.

P Dawn said...

I won't be out tonight but will be at Tim's on Saturday = weather permitting!!

In the meantime, Happy New Year everyone.

Olwyn said...

Hi Everyone,
I won't be out tonight, or Saturday; hope to get back into the regime next week! Wishing all a lovely celebration tomorrow night, to celebrate the old, and to ring in the new....! Olwyn

Helen said...

We hope to be walking tonight. Looks like it'll be the 7 pm start time, as we have errands to run. Hope to see you there ... if not, we'll see you on Saturday. Happy New Year!

debbie said...

I'll be there Saturday at 8.

And is anyone planning to join Gary and I for the Balmy Beach club 9 km Friday, New Year's morning?

Starts at 11:30 am, and you can sign up the same morning, just prior...$20 includes
lunch...for more details check out ww.balmybeachcanoe.com

Cheers

Debbie

Anonymous said...

I think I'll have another cookie & then join Helen & Bob at 7:00 at Shopper's. Hope to see you there.

Susan

Helen said...

Debbie and friends -- depending on the weather (no rain or ice) and the temperament (what we're up to the night before), Bob & I might be up for the Hair o't' Dog. Hope to see you there.

Barbara said...

Happy New Year everyone. Ian and I will be there on Saturday at 8 am. Have a wonderful New Year's Eve.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Miko and I have just signed up for the Mississauga Half Marathon in May. She will run and I will walk. We are seriously considering going to Iceland in August. We seemed to have enticed at least two inactive friends to go along for the fun of it all. Miko has been actively looking for accommodations. She is scaring the bejesus out of me.

Sharon

margaret said...

I'll be at Tim's on Saturday. Happy new year to you all. Wishing you much happiness and adventure in the new year.
Eileen

Eileen said...

I'll be there on Sat

Anonymous said...

I've been looking all over for this!

Thanks.