Thursday 1 October 2009

Walk: Sat. Oct. 3 @ Tim's

My camera died, some might be relieved to know (I name no names). Meanwhile, I'm borrowing my daughter's. Because I must. Have. Camera. So blame the pixels for making us look a little pixelated here.

Saturday, while Margy & Rainer are hoofing the trails at the Run (aka Walk) for the Toad (good luck to you both!) we will be doing 11K to train for our Nov. 1st half marathons. For this relatively short walk, we'll say a start time of 8 am.

We have two half marathon groups in training this month, for the Road2Hope Half in Hamilton and the Angus Glen Half in Markham.

Also, don't forget to think about December races, all fun-walks of 5K with a celebratory mood. Have a look at the blog for ideas. I know some have already registered for the 25th Anniversary Resolution 5K. I have my eye on the All-Santa Suit Jingle 5K. Or both! Sign up soon, as they often sell out early.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will not be out Saturday or Monday. I'll do my best to keep up the training on the gravel roads of Ste Lucie...see you all Wednesday.
Sheila

Libby said...

I will not be out Saturday- high school reunion! Arlene is on vacation in Turkey until after Thanksgiving- (wonder if she'll have turkey in Turkey?) I'll be walking on my own Sunday and putting in some hills (ugh) in preparation for Angus Glen.
good luck to Margy and Rainer and happy trails to you all.
Libby

Anonymous said...

I plan on coming out.
See you at 8:00
Cynthia

Olwyn said...

Hi Gang, Good luck to Margy and Rainer; have fun! I won't be out on Saturday, but plan to be there on Monday night. I've already registered for the Resolution Run on December 27; the jacket this year is sunshine yellow ~ bright and cheerful! Have a great walk tomorrow, Olwyn

Helen said...

Bob & I have signed up for both the Resolution 5K and the Santa Suit 5K. After seeing last year's video, I can't *not* do the santa suit race.

We'll be out on Saturday, & looking forward to seeing Cynthia there.

Anonymous said...

I'll only be out on Sat if it's not raining as I'm still recovering from a cold.
Leverne