Tuesday 14 July 2009

Walk: Wed. July 15 @ Shoppers

This is a quick post to remind you of the Wednesday walk. It's 6K at 7.

Bob, Betsy and I have a date that evening with a wizard, so we (at least, two out of three) will be walking on Thursday morning at 9 am from Tim's. Please let us know if you'd like to join us.

Excuse my lateness with this, but I'm catching up on a lot of things after a week away. Unsure if Rainer sent out his notice to everyone, so I'll say here how sorry we were to hear of the loss of his mother on July 4th. The funeral service was on July 11th, but it isn't too late to make a memorial donation if you wish. The family has suggested: either Senior Link or the Toronto East General Hospital Foundation. We look forward to seeing Rainer and Margy when they're ready to rejoin us.

Also, we were shocked to learn that Dawn B.'s husband Bob has suffered a stroke, the result of a childhood heart condition. Anyone who did the Shore Things 10+10 will remember Bob's heroic efforts as our bike race runner, keeping tabs on us all. We send him our healing thoughts.

2 comments:

Lou-Ann said...

Don't fall over but I am going to come walking tonight...see you at 7:00.

P Dawn said...

If I've picked myself up after reading Lou-Ann's message, I'll be at Shopper's at 7 tonight.