Thursday 11 June 2009

Walk: Sat. June 13 @ Tim's

Hope to see you for a friendly 8K on Saturday, this time along the Boardwalk. The schedule for our September half marathons would have us going a much shorter distance, but we've been at it for so long it's good to keep up our momentum. At the same time, 8K or less won't be too daunting for our new or returning members. Please join us!

A few things coming up -- first a reminder about the Beach Garden Society garden tour on June 28th. Bring $10 per ticket for Norma if you want to attend. I'll be going, along (I hope) with my sister Sarah. We're both pretty knowledgeable gardeners, so there's a suggestion that we meet to go through the gardens together, in case we can help answer your questions. The gardeners themselves will of course be great resources for Qs&As.

Next, Olwyn has passed along this link about a music festival night in Toronto's newly rechristened Riverside District. Here's a link and some background:

Have you heard of the Riverside District in Toronto? Well, the Queen Street East area wants to make sure that everyone knows about it, as the Riverside District Business Improvement Area (BIA) presents ‘Sounds like the Riverside’ on Thursday, June 25, 2009 from 6:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.

Twelve venues along Queen Street East between the Don River and Degrassi will celebrate the resurgence and revitalization of the Riverside District (formerly Queen/Broadview Village) by hosting a night of free live contemporary-eclectic music, while showcasing the area businesses, shops, eateries, pubs, galleries, popular venues (many of which will be open late) and historical significance.

But wherever you are, and whatever you do over the next little while, hope you'll take my advice and Bee Happy.

5 comments:

Trish said...

I know I have been saying I will be out and then not showing up but......as long as it is not a torrrential rainfall Saturday morning I will be out.

P Dawn said...

I plan to be at Tim's for a mere (???) 8k on Saturday.
And yes, Trish - I'm expecting to see you there too.......

Anonymous said...

Me three! unless it rains.
See you Saturday.
Cynthia
Who is going on the garden Tour???

Stacey said...

I'm going to arrive tomorrow morning at 8:00. I hope I haven't missed a time change. See you in the morning!
Stacey

Helen said...

See you all at 8 am. We won't change the time till the distances get longer and/or the weather gets hotter.