Thursday 23 April 2009

Walk: Sat. April 25 @ Tim's

Is this vehicle the answer to the scooter-lovers' mantra, "four wheels is bad, two wheels is good"? If you see me passing in a sidecar, you'll know.

Saturday is supposed to be sunscreen and shorts weather -- our first hot walk of the year. Naturally, the Toronto Women's Half crew has 16K on the schedule.

If we follow the Boardwalk and East route, it takes us to Lakeside Avenue -- with places to turn around for a shorter walk.

Mercedes-Benz details: In our car, we are driving Barb S., Debbie (& guest?), Norma and David, Bob & I. We should leave our place around 6:15 on Sunday. Everyone else is making their own way to the race. We'll see you there.

Opera payment: As it worked out, we had to pay the last installment by credit card, so I put it on mine. Please give me a cheque (not cash) in my name as soon as possible. I'll re-send my earlier email to remind you of the amount.

Birthday wishes are in order: To my darling husband, and to Lynne. The sun will shine on both of you, for sure. Hope the positive after-effects last all year.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

With the Don Valley closed, I will not be walking with the group Saturday. See some of you Sunday at the Mercedes 10K
Libby

P Dawn said...

I'll be at Tim's at 8 tomorrow. Not sure where exactly lakeside is, but it's probably somewhere pretty close to Rosetta park. See you then.

Anonymous said...

I will be at Tim's tomorrow morning for a shorter distance walk.
Barb Shand

Lou-Ann said...

I will be at Tim's at 8:00 with Dawn's gloves. Doing a short walk just to get a little exercise, then off to pick-up some race kits.

Anonymous said...

I'll be there at 8 for a slow 16K. See you in the sunshine.

Helen

Trish said...

It's moving weekend so I will be getting my exercise carting boxes down stairs 0 and hoepfully most of it to Goodwill. Good luck to all those doing the Mercedes on Sunday. Hope you have a nice day for the walk - no compalints about it being too hot!