Saturday 4 April 2009

Walk: Mon. April 6 @ Loblaws

A brave bunch this morning faced the risk of rain and came up trumps. We enjoyed a dry but windy 8K (a recovery walk from last week) and welcomed a new trainee to our midst.

It will be 8K again on Monday. Hope to see you out at 7 pm.

Today was also race day for two of our members -- Ruth at the Harry's Spring Run-Off 8K and Rainer at the Beaches Spring Sprint 5K. Ruth finished in an impressive 1:01:49.8 (59:30.1 chip time) and Rainer was first male walker with a time of 35:19 (34:55 chip). Congratulations both of you.

Susan also ventured on her first hike of the year. Glad to see the rain tired itself out for you and was too pooped to make a reappearance.

Also, I hear we have another broken toe! Our wonderful race marshall and MIA speedster Eileen discovered a hard corner with her foot and joined the "Sore Things." Please get well soon, kiddo!

A reminder about events coming up: recall that I goofed up Easter on our Shore Things calendar -- it is next week, not the weekend after. We might be changing some of our walking dates to work around the long weekend. Watch this space.

The following weekend (April 18th) is our 2-hour Wow workshop on speed drills. I have room for a few more, so let me know if you're interested by replying to this email.

The weekend after that is the Mercedes-Benz 10K. Registration in the 10K is capped at 1,000. Sign up soon!

10 comments:

Helen said...

Oops: I should also have reminded you about the Physiotherapy race on April 18th -- read the details in an earlier blog post.

Trish said...

I'm going back into my burrow and not coming out till May!!!!!
See you Wed????

P Dawn said...

I won't be out tonight. Maybe wednesday?

Anonymous said...

I'm not walking if it's raining, see you on Wed then
Leverne

Helen said...

I don't mind walking in the rain (repeat mantra: no bad weather, only bad clothing...no bad weather... no bad weather).

However, if the rain turns into ice on the ground I'll be staying inside where it's safe(r). Check this space.

Anonymous said...

I won't be coming out tonight in the rain. Hope for better weather for Wed.
Lynne

Anonymous said...

Well...I've read blog and guess that I'll take a pass also. Even though it's not raining too hard now (5 pm) the forecast is for -3 rain/snow mix.

When will this ever end? Hopefuly Wednesday, see you then.
Sheila

Lou-Ann said...

I don't mind the weather, however as I was back and forth to Michigan on Friday and Sunday I didn't get to deliver my Avon orders, so I will need to do that tonight, sorry. Not too sorry cause it looks like numbers are very low. Happy walking you go getters!

Helen said...

Okay, we're coming out, but likely not for 8K. We'll decide on the distance when we get there -- of, if no one is there -- perhaps we'll come home. See you, perhaps maybe?

Anonymous said...

i will come out tonight

Barb