Thursday 17 July 2008

Saturday 19th July - Tim's













We had an excellent turnout last night for our Wednesday VERY HOT walk.   Didn't do the whole 10k, (9k) but it felt like it was longer.

Saturday starting from Tim's it's 16k.   It has been suggested that we do this distance by going along the Lakeshore to Coxwell, and back to Leslie, then do the spit to the lightbouse.   Some of us will be doing that route, but feel free to do another route if you wish.

HBC medal update - they are on the way to us...........

WELCOME BACK HELEN!!!!   Many of you may be breathing a sigh of relief because you'll receive 'normal' messages and relevant photos.   And no-one was paying any attention to me when I was the boss, anyway.

In the meantime..... this little one is Maya.   Looks like her Auntie Dawn?    And just as intelligent!

Dawn

5 comments:

P Dawn said...

I'll be at Tim's on Saturday morning.

Helen said...

I'll be at Tim's, but don't expect me to be happy about it. Still running (walking? limping?) on London time and seven pounds heavier than when I left. See you at 7 for (choke!) 16. H.

Eva said...

I'll be at Tim's on Saturday. However, I have a time constraint and will do whatever the distance within 2 hours. I have no time even for coffee. :-(

debbie said...

I'll be there.

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures, Helen.

And hey, it'll be noon on your body clock, so no worries!

Anonymous said...

Wednesday's 10k was done in a small town in southeast Québec called Notre-Dame-du-Lac, by the shores of Lake Témiscouata. The walk began and ended with the seemingly unavoidable hills, but in between was as flat as a rail line, cause that's what the trail is, a converted rail bed. The pics are at gallery.me.com/robertpelletier.

As for the 16k, it was done in Halifax. What an interesting city to walk through. Unfortunately, I have no photos of that walk as the setting was more urban and people get suspicious when strange walkers are taking pictures of their house.

I hope to be back in Toronto later this week. TBC