Thursday 29 May 2008

Walk: Sat. May 31 & Alfie Shrubb: June 1

It's a scheduled 6K for those Quebec Halfers who are meeting at Tim's on Saturday at 8 am. For the Alfie Shrubb contingent, please sign in on the blog if you will be doing Saturday's walk, too, so that folks will know if there's a crowd.

Alfie Shrubb will have the majority of us on Sunday. Thirty (yes, 30) of us have registered, though a couple of our registrants have had to drop out -- Eileen to nurse herself better and Eva to attend a high school reunion in a million-dollar California mansion. Poor kid.

Here are the directions to the race, from organizer Al Storie (if you're picking up your kit race morning, please note the change in times):

Coming from Toronto, take the 401 East; exit at Courtice Rd. and go North to Taunton Rd; head East on Taunton Rd approximately 4k to Green Rd.; MJ Hobbs School is at 2296 Taunton Rd. at the top of Green Rd. (park there; the event starts there, too, at 8:40am). You can pick up your kits Sunday from 7:00am to 8:00am

It couldn't be easier to get from the race to the restaurant, but here's a map:


View Larger Map

Our reservation is in Breda's name, for 11:45 am, giving us time for the post-race festivities. It's less than 15 minutes drive from the school to the restaurant.

Let me know if you still don't have transportation. I'll be sending out emails to confirm who's driving whom.

One final note: Don't forget to get yourself a rain poncho -- looks like we'll need them.

5 comments:

Jan said...

I won't be out Saturday morning - I will be doing my cross-training at the camp cleanup Saturday - amazing how much exercise you can get by scrubbing a kitchen!

See you at Alfie

Helen said...

Hi, everyone,

While it's tempting to come out for a warm up walk, but I have a bunch of things to take care of this weekend. So have a great walk, and we'll see you Sunday, Monday or Wednesday.

debbie said...

NEED INFO RE QUEBEC CITY HALF

Hi everyone,

It's Debbie....I've decided I'd like to do the Quebec City half-marathon on Aug. 24.

I know most of you who are doing it have already booked accomodation.

Helen mentioned two places...La Coullee Douce or Auberge Ile Flottante. Where are most of you staying?

Before I call to see if they still have space, when are people driving in? Friday or Saturday? And when are you returning to Toronto? I'd love to share a ride, or I can drive and can take passengers.

Please let me know asap. You can message me here, or directly to my e-mail, debbielightstone@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Debbie

Jan said...

Debbie
We have booked at the Auberge for Friday-Sunday, but we may not be able to go - my daughter is in a performance that weekend that I don't want to miss, so I may have to drop out of Quebec. Unfortunately I don't know yet but I will keep you posted re the room-let me know if you get something else in the meantime.

debbie said...

Hi Jan,

Sorry to hear you may have a scheduling conflict.

I have not booked a room yet, the three B & Bs I checked so far out are all booked up.

When you know for sure whether or not you are going, please let me know. If you cannot make it, I could take over your room.

Cheers,

Debbie