Thursday 3 April 2008

Walk: Sat. Apr. 5 @ Tim's


Isn't this the best picture in the world? Thanks to Olwyn's great snapping!

This Saturday, while Ruth, Libby, Bob and Helen are climbing hills in High Park in the Harry's 8K (with pancakes, medals and a green hat waiting at the end), many of you will be meeting at that little beacon in the distance, at a bright, early 8 am.

The Mississauga schedule says 16K, but assuming most of you won't want that, I'll leave you to set your distance. If you take the Spit, here are your turnarounds:

- 3K, the security booth
- 6K, the fork in the road
- 8K, the big rocks by the bridge (if you continue along Leslie)
- 10K, the "Do Not Pass" 60 kph sign around the corner at the top of the pond
- 11K, the reconnection of Tommy Thompson Park & Leslie Street
- 13K, the lighthouse

A reminder:
The Wow Powerwalking course in the Beach will start on Monday, April 14th. I'm still considering taking this myself, cash flow being my primary stalling point. However, Wow training pays off in health benefits, so I might grin and bear it.

Local news: About a dozen from our sister group, the Stellar Runners, most of whom have just completed Around the Bay, also won the lottery to get into the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco this October. Give them two big cheers for us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why....thank you Helen... I did rather like that picture myself!
Have a great High Park 8k on Saturday, green hats and all!
I likely won't be out for another while; but wanted to confirm that I've officially signed up for the Alfie Schrubb in June, and the Quebec Half in August; so count me in!
See you all soon; and hope everyone is loving this sunny weather! Olwyn

Anonymous said...

I'm in for the Saturday walk.

Anonymous said...

I'm up for the 13k to the lighthouse.

Barb

Eva said...

I'm for Saturday walk (if it does not rain or snow). Maybe 8K to 10K.

Anonymous said...

Hey Brette,

If you are walking tomorrow morning, out of Tim's...can I catch a ride with you?

Barb