Wednesday 9 April 2008

Walk: Sat. Apr. 12 @ Tim's

It would be great to give the Boardwalk a try again for our 11K this Saturday. Let's wish the predicted rain away. However, it is a good time of year to add a dollar-store poncho to your workout wardrobe. Below is a link to the route:

http://www.mapmyrun.com/walk/canada/on/toronto/495105611

Sporting Life reminder: you have till Monday night to use the discount coupon I sent you the link for if you're registering for the Sporting Life 10K. It knocks $5 off the current $50 fee, so it's as if you had registered back in January or February.

This picture from a Sporting Life past is to tell you to smile for the camera when you do the race -- and never, ever, ever let them photograph you from below.

Speaking of registering, they have now fixed the online bugs so you can sign up for a Jeans Marines social membership. Your $50 keeps you in touch with what's happening and helps a whole new wave of newbies make an unforgettable change in their lives.

7 comments:

P Dawn said...

I hope to be there on Saturday - unless the weather is really really terrible.
I walked along the boardwalk the other day and it was beautiful, but as it was a bit windy, we sought shelter along Queen Street.

Anonymous said...

I unfortunately will not be walking Saturday, going to Saginaw to see Ashley. Will be out on Monday though! Laverne and Lynn did you sign up for the Sporting Life yet?

Anonymous said...

I plan to be there as well but like Dawn said, if it's really, really terrible weather I will pass.
Eileen

Anonymous said...

Hi Louann, yes Lynne and I are signed up so get your credit card out - don't forget to use the credit coupon, the code is HSROT to save $5
I'll see you guys on Sat
Leverne

Trish said...

I plan to be out Saturday. Just wondering how much rain keeps us home vs at least a coffee.

Sarah said...

We'll be there, rain or shine, because we are born to be wild! Besides, it looks like there might be a tiny break in the clouds just big enough for our walk. And if not, a have a "free" Tim's donut coupon to spend.

Helen said...

And when I say "we" I mean Bob & I, not me and my sister -- was signed in using my TorontoGardens.com identity.