Wednesday 2 January 2008

Happy New Year!


And Happy Birthday to our own Donna T! Hope all your celebrations were merry and bright.

This is to inaugurate our blog as the reminder for our weekly walks. Tonight is Wednesday -- our regular date is Shoppers (Woodbine & O'Connor) at 7 pm. If you want to reply aye or nay, please visit the blog (www.theshorethings.blogspot.com) and fill out a comment at the end of the blog. Then people can easily see if they'll have company. You can find the scheduled distance for tonight on our blog through the Chilly Half Schedule link. Check it out.

In order for you to all receive this message, I have set everyone's settings in our Google Group from "No email" (the default) to "Email", except for those who have chosen Digest. Please excuse me if this over-rides what you have done. It was necessary for me to see who really has selected no email. I'm now asking you all to go to the Google Group page (there's a link in the right column of our blog) and select the level of email you prefer.


When you visit Google Groups, have a look at our private pages there. Under Discussions, you'll see info about how to post your pictures to our Flickr page and a discussion topic about Quebec. Under Pages, I've started an info and discussion page for the Chilly Half. There may also be a copy of the most recent blog post. However, I will generally be deleting these from our private site to simplify "what's where."


The pictures on today's blog are how Bob & I are doing our cross-training in Québec. In the picture of me, I am resting between shovels on a seat carved from the snow on our roof. Hope you're all keeping well. We'll see you on Saturday!

2 comments:

Helen said...

Needless to say, Bob & I won't be there. Have a great 8K!

Anonymous said...

In case you missed these, Olwyn is planning on coming, but Jan has company.