Thursday 8 October 2020

Walks - Saturday Oct. 10, 2020

 


Lovely skyline

Thanksgiving weekend - lots to be thankful for even with restrictions - so come out and walk with friends - a perfect way to start the celebration.

There seems to be two groups most weeks now. Some meet in front of Tim's and walk along the boardwalk. The others meet at Loblaws in front of the south doors and walk along the spit. This group tends to walk further and perhaps faster. Meeting time is 8:00 am for both groups. Join in. And, I know you know, but please be respectful of social distancing while walking and chatting. 

Reminders of challenges - a few of us have already registered for the Virtual Great Lakes Challenge. This challenge has several options - one or more lakes, all five lakes with medals (registration is $85 plus tax plus shipping (of the medals) or all five lakes with a digital bib (no medals), registration is $17. There is no completion date. It is inspiring to track your distance - walk, run, bike, swim, roller blade.....whatever. We might be living with restrictions for months to come - a virtual race gives us a focus and provides a purpose for our walks.
Here is the link for the 5 Lakes digital bib option:

If you find virtual walks that interest you, let others know. We need to keep each other moving.

Another challenge - to be done during October - is the Great Canadian Hike. It is free. Check it out. https://greatcanadianhike.ca

Is anyone interested in walking Monday morning (Thanksgiving)? Please let others know on the blog comments, confirming location and start time. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Happy Birthday Val

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, it was really a big surprise for me.
Thank you for all your good wishes and Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Valerie

Libby said...

Belated birthday wishes Val.
Arlene and I will be at Loblaws for 8am and an 8-10k walk

Olwyn said...

Happy Birthday to you, Val!
I'll be walking in my neighbourhood tomorrow morning in a smaller group. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! xo

Helen said...

I'll be at Loblaws tomorrow for 8-10K, too. Not sure about Monday yet...

Anonymous said...

I'll be at Loblaws at 8. Every 10K is 0.5% of the way around the Great Lakes. I probably won't be out on Monday.

Happy Thanksgiving to anyone I won't see on Saturday.

Ruth

Barbara Brown said...

Happy Birthday Val,
I will be out tomorrow at 8 am . Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Leverne said...

Happy birthday Val. See people on saturday morning.

Susan said...

I most likely won't be out on Saturday so enjoy your walk and happy Thanksgiving to all.

Be safe.

Anonymous said...

Eva, Dawn and I will be at Loblaws at 8 am Saturday morning.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Barb S.

Kim said...

Happy birthday to you, Val.

Deanna and I will walk from Loblaws tomorrow. Not sure how far or fast

Jan said...

I'll be out tomorrow morning

Anonymous said...

Anyone walking Monday morning? I wouldn’t mind going from Tim’s 2 to Rosetta McLain at 8:30. I’ll check in the morning to see.
Leverne

Barbara Brown said...

Lynne and I are meeting at Tims 2 at 9am for a walk to Rosetta. Join us if you can.

Happy Thanksgiving everyoene

Susan said...

I may join you also - but please don't wait for me if I'm not there by 9:00 am. So this is a 90% that I'll see you in the morning.

Thanks for posting.

Jan said...

I'll be at Tim's tomorrow morning

Anonymous said...

9 it is then
Leverne

Helen said...

Okay, I’ll be at Tim’s 2 on Monday at 9, too. Onward to Rosetta!

Anonymous said...

I too will be at Tim’s 2 this morning at 9.

Barb S.

Helen said...

I believe the consensus was that we'd walk on Wednesday morning this week, weather permitting. Leverne has offered to host. Please sign in if you'll be there, starting at 8 am for 6-8K.

Jan said...

Count me in - ill drive Helen

Barbara Brown said...

I will be at Leverne’s at 8 am.

Susan said...

I'm unable to join you on Wednesday - thanks for posting and enjoy your walk.

Lynne said...

Won't be out in the morning. Got my days mixed up.