Thursday 13 June 2019

Walks - Saturday June 15 - Wednesday June 19


Spring at its best

Join us for a splash in the puddles and a walk on Saturday, at Tim's at 8:00 am. Any distance is good distance. Coffee with friends is always nice in any type of weather.

Other walking opportunities are as follows:

  • new time and place for Sunday mornings, until further notice*: A 10:15 start, meeting at Lee & Queen. Dogs are allowed on this walk. Walk the boardwalk/peanut at a slow/moderate pace. As Sundays have been infrequently attended, please sign in or contact Kim directly if you're coming out.  
  • Monday evenings at 6:30 pmPlease note venue: Meet in the parking lot to Taylor Creek Park on Dawes. This is a shortcut to the trails. Let us know if you're coming.
  • Wednesday evenings (still at Occasions) at 6:30 pm – as usual, weather permitting. It's especially useful if you sign in for weeknight walks! 
  • Wednesday mornings at 9:00 am at Tim's – Marie will send a confirming email to regulars in this group. Let her know if you want to be added to the list.

Announcements and Information:
From Susan: Thank you Helen for doing the blog for the past 3+ months. Very much appreciated your help.

Best wishes to Libby who is recovering from foot surgery. And, safe travels to all those who are enjoying time away.

From Libby: This is a big race weekend for Toronto. The Waterfront 10 K is Saturday. Not sure if Rainer was able to score an entry! 

Lou- Ann and Kim, Barb S and Marie are all walking the Purple Walk for Epilepsy. This event is a fund raiser. Donations are most welcomed. Income tax receipts provided. Have fun supporting such a good cause. 

The Diva Race on the island has been postponed until September due to flooding
Trish, Cheryl and Anita have committed to the Army Half this September 22. Another great race. New start location this year. Training will start for this in another week.




17 comments:

Jan said...

Hi all - YAY RAPTORS!!!! What a game! and what a finale!!

I won't be out on Saturday - out of town at camp clean-up weekend.

And Bob and Helen are also away, so you can choose your own route Saturday!

See you next weekend

Happy Fathers' Day to all the Dads out there

Susan said...

RAPTORS - WOW

I will be out on Saturday. Hope to see you then. Looking forward to picking up my speed and distance - strolling has been nice but...

Olwyn said...

We the Champs! WOW! I won't be out this weekend (again), as I have my first dragon boat regatta up in Port Perry; have to be on-site by 7:30am....yawn! Have a great weekend everyone; happy walking, and Happy Father's Day to all the Dads!

Olwyn said...

I must say, in that top photograph, Laverne looks like Beyonce, and the rest of you look like her backup dancers!

Lou-Ann said...

I won't be out tomorrow...thanks Olwyn I am ok with being a back-up dancer! Thank you Susan and Helen for posting the Epilepsy Walk...what a kind and thoughtful walking group we have, much appreciated...

Sharon KJ said...

See you in the morning. Hopefully, I will bring along some new and old recruits.

SKJ

Unknown said...

I'm up and dressed. See you at Tim's shortly.

Kim said...

I won’t be available for a Monday night walk this week. Aside from my regular excuses, I’ll be at a course in London, Ontario.

Lynne said...

Anyone walking tonight?

Susan said...

I'll walk - not sure that I will be able to keep up but I'll give it a try.

Anonymous said...

I'm in. Susan just reminding you we are meeting at the parking lot at Taylor creek
Leverne

Susan said...

Not sure where it is - Dawes Road and what cross street? I'll watch for parking lot. Don't wait for me, if I'm late and lost.

Anonymous said...

It's just on dawes where it takes a dip, before going up the hill. Right across from crescent town

Jan said...

Sorry about the late notice but I won't be out tonight - finishing up some work.

Helen said...

Back from our travels and ready to walk on Wednesday. Anyone coming to Occasions?

Leverne said...

I will be out tonight as long as the rain holds off
Leverne

Kim said...

I’ll be out tonight.