Thursday 20 June 2019

Walks - Sat. June 22 - Wed. June 26

Lou Ann, Kim, Barb S., & Marie
Congratulations to the Purple Walkers for Epilepsy last Saturday. 
It was a great time for a great cause. Thanks to all who supported such a worthy cause.

Come out and join us for a walk on Saturday at Tim's at 8:00 am. The distance is yours to decide. Apparently, summer arrives. It is a great time to be outdoors.Good luck to the Summer Solstice 5K walkers this weekend: Lou-Ann. Eva, Olwyn, Stacey and Marie. Make us proud!

Other walking options this week:

  • new time and place for Sunday mornings: A 10:15 start, meeting at Lee & Queen. Dogs are allowed on this walk. Walk the boardwalk/peanut at a slow/moderate pace. Please sign in or contact Kim directly if you're coming out.  
  • Monday evenings at 6:30 pmPlease note venue: Meet in the parking lot to Taylor Creek Park on Dawes. This is a shortcut to the trails. Let us know if you're coming.
  • Wednesday evenings (still at Occasions) at 6:30 pm – as usual, weather permitting. It's especially useful if you sign in for weeknight walks! 
  • Wednesday mornings at 9:00 am at Tim's – Marie will send a confirming email to regulars in this group. Let her know if you want to be added to the list.
Sign in and join in.....

Announcements - from Libby
The Ottawa Half trio start their short distance walk training this Monday. 

Lee Scott has co-authored a book  ‘The Walking Solution’ - Get people walking for results. The official launch date is June 28. 

As always, let Libby know of any races you plan to participate in!

'Tis the season for travelling - enjoy and keep safe - we look forward to seeing you upon your return.



19 comments:

Unknown said...

Sun appears to be shining for the weekend. I am planning to be out tomorrow morning. Summer Solstice walkers have a fun race.

Susan said...

I'll walk on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing you then.

Olwyn said...

That's a beautiful photo of Lou-Ann; congrats to all the 'Purple walkers', walking for such a great cause! Since I'm doing the summer solstice 5k tonight, and will be 're-hydrating' after the race, I may not be out tomorrow morning.....just sayin'. If I do wake up early, I'll be at Tim's but please don't wait for me. Happy Pride everyone!

Jan said...

I won't be out tomorrow - I'm going to forget how to walk! See you next week!

Barbara Brown said...

I will not be out as I have to work....big board meeting on Monday! Hope everyone has a good walk and see you all soon.

Helen said...

Bob and I will be walking on Saturday. See you at Tim’s.

Lou-Ann said...

I will not be out tomorrow as I have family from out of town staying with us...fun Summer Solstice walk this evening...lots of chatter and laughter, especially after we had our free beer!

Susan said...

Change of plans - won't be out at 8:00 am - too late getting to bed.

Anonymous said...

Sharon and I will not be out this morning.

Barb S.

Anonymous said...

Taylor creek park is closed at dawes,so will we meet at lowes or loblaw?
Leverne

Kim said...

I won’t be out tonight, but hopefully Wednesday.

Jan said...

I'll be out - dont' really care where we meet - if Taylor Creek is closed shall we go back to Loblaws?

Susan said...

I'll walk - Loblaws is fine with me.

Anonymous said...

Loblaws it is then.
Bob

Jan said...

Anybody walking tonight? I'm in.

Helen said...

Hoping to walk. But it might depend on where Bob is with the flooring installation. He has to return the vinyl cutter...

Kim said...

Not walking tonight.

Anonymous said...

Lynne and I are passing tonight, wimping out, too hot
Leverne

Susan said...

Me too - actually, got my walk in this morning before the temperature went up.